went North, found Oslo


My latest travel consists in a little adventure up north in the Scandinavian city of Oslo. To sum it up in a few words, this is among the few places that make me feel like I would actually like to live in it and not just be a tourist. I always prefer to let the photos do the talking for me. 

- our airbnb - 

-
the touristy stuff
- Oslo Opera House -
my favorite place in Oslo must be the home of The Norwegian National Opera and Ballet, and the national opera theatre in Norway




- Barcode Project -
a geometric system that stands out architecturally (as I later found out, there has been intense public debate about the height and shape of the buildings)
- Vigeland Park -
the world's largest sculpture park made by a single artist


- Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art -
this is a place where you have to set some time aside to visit it completely


- Oslofjorden -
seen bellow from opposite sides (photos taken one day apart)


- The Royal Palace -


- Fram Museum -
a museum telling the story of Norwegian polar exploration


- Viking Ship Museum -
this is a must for a Vikings fan

- Munch Museum -
if you want to see 'The Scream' you must go to National Gallery (a fact I did not know at that time)



-
wandering through the city
- central railway station foodcourt -



- ubiquitous stunningly architecture -

-



This concludes the 2 days of constantly walking - 20km/day to be more exact - and taking photos. I must, as always, say how grateful I feel to have had the opportunity to explore this marvelous city alongside one of my best friends. I will surely return!

#scandinaviangirls


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

follow me into the light

winter recap